Any on machine deburing solutions?

We machine tubing components which leaves a lot of inside & outside hole edges to debut. I’ve used a 3d engrave tool path to heavy chamfer hole edges for weld prep but not suitable for much else. Can the tool path be extracted geometry or solid surface driven?

Sorry for the late reply on this. Currently there are some things you can use to accomplish deburring, however they are not always optimum. I know the Development team is looking into deburring options however I am not sure when/if we will see something available in the software. I do know that they are actively looking at this topic.

@TheWeave

Hello Jeff,

Like Alex said, there isn’t a specific toolpath made for that. However, using the 3 axis Wireframe works well with extracted geometry or you can create the chamfer in the CAD on the model and use a toolpath like “Project Curves” instead. Then, use a ball endmill with the project curves to create toolpath around the chamfer with multiple offsets.

Anyways, I can make sure our development team is aware that more people are asking for this.

Thanks for the post and I hope you have a great week!

Deburring toolpath for 3, 4 and 5 axis are now available in BobCAD-CAM V34!

2 Likes