Best way to convert files

I have used Mastercam X9 for years and now want to start with BobCad. I have V32 Pro. I can save the MC files in almost any file type, question is which? I tried IGES and a lot of info is lost in translation. For instance, all the levels(layers in BC) lose their names and colors. I have hundreds of MC files and would like to convert them the easiest way. I really just need the geometry with colors and realize that none of the toolpathing will be translated. Has anyone figured how to do this? I would even pay for a translator program.

Have you tried DXF? That’s always been my format of choice when moving between systems.

1 Like

I tried *.stp and *.igs to no avail but I will try DXF, thanks. I’ll reply with the results.

When I convert from MCX9 to a file saved as STP then to BobCad all the layers are present but without names which would be a project to figure it out. Geometry and surfaces come through fine. When I convert from a DXF file all the layer names come through. Geometry comes through also but surfaces do not show at all. There has to be a way this can be accomplished but I don’t know what it is.

i will say…DXF will only be geometry…never solids…DXF is my go to for transferring and converting files…i’m usually going from my old Gibbscam to BobCad…but i typically don’t do a lot of solids converting…