BobCad For Lathe

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right spot, but here goes anyways. I have been using bobcad for 9-10ish years now and primarily have done milling, all the way up to 5X. In the past year I have been taking up the lathe and have been tinkering with it for probably around 4 years. For all intensive purposes, it works pretty damn well. What I have noticed is there hasn’t been much modification to the lathe it seems. It appears to just have kind of fell flat. Again it works well but every year I get the new version to stay current and I am always stoked for the upgrades.

Anyways with that said here are a few things it seems like should be added.

-Programming from a solid model as opposed to having to create wireframe every time.

-Prime turning, this is a toolpath that seems like it could really save customers time in roughing. On paper it seems to make a ton of sense.

-Y-Axis turning for people with multiaxis turning centers. (Maybe you can do this, disregard if I am wrong)

-Y Axis Parting

-Eccentric turning, this is by far the least important but its just so damn cool.

Anyways, just some thoughts I had while programming the ole round part making machine.

3 Likes

@The_mtbiking_viking , Those are excellent feature requests! I will get these submitted to development.

1 Like