CAM Tree - Debug Toggle Button

Add a button that would toggle the debug_off/debug_on option of the currently used post from the CAM Tree interface.

Debug Toggle Button

Debug Toggle Button - Toggle

Whether or not the of the toggle button is displayed could be controlled by a user interface setting.

2 Likes

My reply to this topic might help.

https://forum.bobcad.com/t/what-the-hell-is-lua-debug/1055/4?u=alex_cole

HTH

Alex

This is currently in as a feature request with our development team.

With the Lua Programming support that has been added to Versions 32 and up, it is now possible to create custom commands and functionality to the software. And one of the functions I recently added to my software is the ability to click a button and generate my G-code in Debug mode without having to edit the post processor.

Currently the Lua environment cannot read which post is selected in the current job so you will need to select that post when first clicking on the button, but it will remember your previous selection.

The code will then be generated in a notepad window, and you will just need to close the CMD window behind it to return to BobCAD.

Here are the files needed to load this functionality into your BobCAD standalone software: Post Debug.zip (6.3 KB)

You can extract the file into your Data folder, under a LuaPlugins folder, The file structure will look similar to the image below :

2 Likes