CAM Tree - MDI Column

Similar to the Post Yes / No column but for MDI. The only exception would be that the MDI text would only show up in the column on operations (rolling up to features, setups, and Jobs) that contain actionable MDI code (i.e., not MDI’s with the default empty lines)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hi,
yes, I’m also missing the indication of an MDI affected operation!

But I’m not sure if it is a good idea to allow Yes/No on the CAM Tree level. If one introduces an MDI, there will be a reason for it. Simple set to No might cause some unexpected results. I would prefer to have an option in the MDI Task List to tell the system, which MDI Line/Command should get activated/deactivated.

Bye, Harald

I see your point. Being able to tell if one exists and if it is enable/disabled state would be beneficial at the very least. On the other hand, you can turn on and off tool path patterns from the CAM tree, so maybe there could be a config option (in the File menu) that gives the option if the user wants to enable/disable from the CAM tree. If you want to change the enabled/disabled state, drilling all the way down into the feature is a lot of mouse clicks.

Side topic: If you save out an MDI to be a standard; how do you verify that some other program has it’s MDI updated to that standard?

Hi,

Sorry. Cannot follow what you mean.
Bye, Harald

Hey David,

Yes, I agree it would be nice to see whether MDI is posting or not in the CAM Tree as well.

I will put in a feature for you on this.

I see you made it a column. However, this would take up more space on the side and could get messy. What if we just add another item inside each Operation instead:

This way, the MDI option stays contained with only operations that have the MDI option (Eg. Wire EDM does not yet have MDI). And, we can still place a Post icon along with the Post Yes/No column. We can also have the red “+” icon indicating that nothing is setup. To setup, simply double-click on “MDI” and it should load the Feature Wizard to send you directly to the MDI page.

Would you like this?

3 Likes