Caveman Introduction

Hello everyone,
My name is Tom Long and I have been using Bobcad for Solidworks since it was introduced. I am a semi-retired Mechanical Engineer in northern Delaware. My main interests are rebuilding my aging farm equipment and designing tools and fixtures for projects around the farm. I have CNC mills and lathes along with an assortment of other tools. Many times I get bogged down trying to make BOBCAM do the things I want to do, and look forward to sharing ideas and problem solutions on this Forum.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forums Tom!

1 Like

Welcome Tom! What kind of equipment are you rebuilding? Like old hit and miss, or steam, or more like old JD and Case? My fsther has an old 54-56 Ford 800 that i will redo some day. It is still used from time to time but she could use some tlc.

Thanks Alex. Unfortunately my rebuilds are much more mundane. I have a 1970 Oliver 4WD Backhoe that needs a steering box (have to re-engineer one as they are no longer available) and paint, and a 1984 Kubota M8950 that needs a clutch and fresh paint. My big project will be modifying a 1970 Jacobsen G4x4 Plus that will get retrofitted with a hydrostatic drive, air conditioning and custom paint. I also have a 1952 Cat D6 Dozer but not sure if I have the energy to restore that one.
Are you planning to restore your father’s Ford?

Yea, I’m hoping he and i get the time soon before he gets any older.