Color table - supporting transmission of tolerances

More and more companies are using a color table in their CAD models to indicate manufacturing tolerances or machining methods (milling, W-EDM). This creates a problem in BobCAD-CAM, because after importing this information is lost - the model is colored with only one color. It would be great for BobCAD-CAM to support this feature of color for individual surfaces in model, as it spends up programing and reduces errors. It can be assumed that the color coding of tolerances in the solids will become more and more popular, as a several companies are working on standardising the marking of tolerances in the model

and therefore its use can be expected to increase.

For example, after import the model, you can immediately see which holes are toleranced or threaded.

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

I just wanted to give you a heads up that this is something that has been discussed with the Dev team recently.

This has been already put in as a Feature Request with the Dev team and they are aware of this.

I will add you to the request. With more users interested in this functionality, this will increase the likelihood of this being implemented into the software for future versions.

Thanks again for the feedback!

I was just chatting with my brother in law who is a mechanical engineer. He was mentioning that they want to do with 2D drawings and have the CAD software have the tolerances within it. Here is the start apparently. Unfortunately it means that we will need to create them ourselves, which i think could become a headache of miscommunication.

There is one workaround for now with this that you can do.

Currently, the issue is that BobCAD only recognizes one color for all surfaces when importing a Solid Model. The feature request is to allow you to assign colors per surface rather than per solid model.

However, if you explode the CAD model into individual surfaces in your other CAD software, you can import this into BobCAD and you will be able to see each color of each surface.