Default Tool Cribs

as i and probably most on here do…as soon as i get a new version…the first thing i do is throw out(delete)every tool in the crib that is provided and reload it with the tools that i use…i would suggest offering the tool file that you provide as a download rather that in the imbedded in the software…and force it to actually LOOK at the existing crib and if there is not a tool there to suggest…then suggest nothing…just one mans opinion tho

1 Like

Hey Bigman,

Thank you for your input, and just wanted to let you know that I moved this comment to its own post to make it easier for development to find each feature request since the original post already had several in it. I believe the second portion of your comment has been requested by the milling guy in the original post when he said “If there is no tool in the crib: perfect. For me it should be the user and not the system to create a tool. As said: what is the point of generating a default tool that cannot be used anyway or has to be completely changed?”

Due to this I will get you added to his feature request.

For the first portion though where you have default tool cribs that will automatically get added into a job, so that you don’t have to call out your normal tools each time I will go ahead and get this added into the development team. Feel free to message back if you have additional input.

1 Like

Here’s the weird thing i also noticed about this too…it changes the tools on my user defined machining templates…every time without fail…luckily i check before i go too far… but still…i thought when i set a user defined template…it should bring that template up just as i’ve saved it…usually my insert rougher cutter doesn’t change but in some instances my finish end mill may…but that said i like to start with my original template unmolested

1 Like

What changes about the endmill finish will change. For instance will it be a completely different tool or will just the tool number change?

actually…the one that changes is the first tool in my template…my insert rougher…it always defaults to whatever BobCAD wants to change it too…and in my template…my T2 on my machine and in my crib is my 1.25 insert rougher…it without fail will always change that tool to it’s own made up T2 which is kinda like my rougher but not…if you get what i mean…my finishers are right most of the time…and those I might change from time to time…but i just edit it in the tool setup page when needed