Definition of Z position of upper and lower geometry for 4-axis Wire EDM

Hello All,
I have one suggestion for improvement for the Wire EDM module. For 4 Axis machining, it would be useful to add the ability to define a position for the upper and lower profile / geometry. The position of the geometry is not always the same as the top and bottom of the workpiece and it can be difficult for someone to define the job correctly. It would be ideal, if it was possible to include the position of the upper and lower geometry in the Z-axis directly in the upper and lower profile / geometry selection dialog.
Wire EDM 4 axis Upper Lower geometry

1 Like

I agree, other CAM software I’ve used always had this option.

As it is, I just adjust the stock in the stock wizard so the heights are in the right place.

Would you prefer to enter the value where the top and bottom shape are, or that the software just find it from the geometry if it can? (or most likely both :slightly_smiling_face:)

If will be possible, both. In most cases, there will be available geometry in the correct Z position and can be read automatically. In this case we will save unnecessary value filling. But it’s always good to be able to enter Z values manually, for example, for the case where we going to start, e.g. from a 2D drawing (dwg, dxf. wireframe geometry in Z0).

2 Likes