Dose BobCad support Peck Tapping?

Dose BobCad support peck Tapping? If it doesn’t, can we get it added?
I find when I tap NPT threads, I like to peck the tap to make nicer threads on certain materials.
I’ve been editing the code by hand to get the desired result.

Thanks

Depending on your machine we can support some peck tapping through scripting in the post processor. Contact into the posting department with your machine’s peck tap format example code and mach8ne make and controller info and we may be able to assist.

Alex

I have an API i created with a check box and a peck distance. contact support for this if unsure how to do. it simply outputs a Q value in my G84 line, but depending on your machine it may need more. i think there is a pdf resourse somewhere in the bobcad files in your C drive.

You are correct @The_mtbiking_viking. For Haas machines: peck tapping requires you to set a parameter (133) in the controller as well for peck tapping to work. It is not necessarily desirable to have the parameter turned on all the time as it causes a spindle orientation to happen at each and every drilled hole which can slow down the speed of cutting your parts. However, this orientation is necessary if you intend to use peck tapping.

HTH
Alex