Feature handling (Blank/Unblank, Post Yes/No, Lock/Unlock) + Post selected operations only

Hi,

What do you think about the suggestion shown above? It should ease the handling and give a better overview:

• icons always remain visible => constant view
  • icons are clickable to change state (no pop up menu action necessary)
  • parent icons tells, if sub elements are on/off/mixed => especial good, if parent is collapsed
  • multiple operations selectable to do a “Post Toolpath” of just those selected ones

Regards, Harald

1 Like

I like it the way it is.

I think having the ability of selecting what operations/features you want to post to via multi-select makes sense. It would eliminate the need to turn posting on/off on each. I know it has been requested before but I will make sure the tech’s get the feature request incremented with another request.

@TheWeave

Hi Harald,

I am with you on this feature request, hopefully it will be implemented. Too much right clicking to turn off and on options, especially when you are using Mill 3 Axis operations.
Right Click - “Blank” and then back again, Right Click -" Lock".

I think what you are suggesting is ideal and preferable, but, at the very least if there was a check box on the menu for Blank, Post and Lock, allowing the user to set these options in one right click.

David

Can we at least get a blank/unblank hotkey in bobcam, and or make unblank a default?

Hello,

hihi… I would rather see to have blank as a default as too much additional curves are irritating. To get it work for all parties I would handle this and other parameters via customizable settings.

Bye, Harald

1 Like

Oops you are right. I meant to have the toolpath hidden by default. Hiding them is a pain.

1 Like

“I would rather see to have blank as a default”

2 Likes

100% of the time the toolpath gets blanked, so “Blank” should be default, or an option in settings to have that.

I could not agree more that the “blank/unblank” and “post yes/no” features have needed an upgrade for far too long. At this point I have gotten used to and know what I need to do to make it work the way i want to, but I’m always grumbling under my breath that while functional, I’m not sure it could have been implemented to take more steps than it does…

I would love to be able to do multiple select and turn on/off the blanking and posting, but even just make it so that the rightclick popup doesn’t disappear when you check/uncheck the option, and give us an indication which direction the toggle is set (have the text say “Blank” if it is unblanked, and “Unblank” if is is blanked).

In regards to the toolpath blanking as a default, I would vote whole heartedly against this as the hardcoded default. I understand some people would rather have them blanked, but I think it risks too much in not seeing the toolpath that was just generated and I would then be forced to 100% of the time turn it back on. I like the idea of making it an option though :). I would put this request far below and serially after fixing the toggles discussed above.

Thanks for the discussion!

1 Like

Hi,

My suggestion is based on not needing a popup anymore! The icons should be made clickable itself. Multiselect of features/operation included. If one clicks a parent icon, all children will follow.

Not needing a popup for these things creates space in the popup for other things.

If BC will do us the favor not to loose the focus from the current generated operation, it will be displayed anyway (see GUI: Loosing toolpath focus)

We will see what comes. But one thing is for sure: something is coming :slight_smile:
Bye, Harald

1 Like

Hopefully you guys have seen the new CAM tree design released in V34 with the quick access to blank and post yes/no!

The Auto Blank New Items option (off by default) can be found in Settings > CAM now in V34 as well!

Lastly we also handled making sure the focus is retained in the CAM tree after the CAM Wizard is closed!

2 Likes

Hi,
I’m a little short on time right now and haven’t “taste” v34 yet. but hopefully soon.
Bye, Harald