Have "Keep Bounding Geometry" as function on the Create 2D menu

Hello All,

Here is a Feature Request that I think would be helpful and very useful. To the functionality of the “Keep Bounding Geometry” that is in the Stock setup as a function in Create 2D / Rectangle. Save some time by not having to go back into Job Setup and reset your UCS if you like to use the user UCS for your operation set ups.

KEEP GEOMETERY

The bounding box is very useful for accurately setting a UCS for operations.

As for the feature request Bounding Box function would have all the point locations and the ability to offset X Y Z for a bigger box ( stock purposes).

Thank you for reading this post, please add to it anything you think that would be beneficial for it.

Take care,
David.

Hi @avocamfg2006
Sorry: I do not understand. Can you explain closer?
Regards, Harald

Hi Harald,

I believe you use BC4Rhino so maybe you don’t have that function since Rhino will do all your Cad. In Bobcad-Cam (stand alone) when you use Stock Set up, it will create a bounding box around the geometry and as shown above there is a Keep Bounding Geometry button to save the box on the active layer. This is the functionality I would like to see on the Cad menu.

Thanks,
David.

Hi David,

yes, I primarily use BC4Rhino :sunglasses:
BTW: in BC4Rhino there is also the “Keep Bounding Geometry”.

To get it clear: you want something like illustrated below:

Another suggestion: if BC will release/extend the list of commands, it is possible to modify the ribbons as you like. To me the list is very restrictive and should be enlarged to better suite the own needs.

Bye, Harald

1 Like

Your illustration for the Bounding Geometry is spot on. Hopefully BC will consider this. In my opinion it is more appropriate to have it available as a CAD command instead of being in with the Stock setup.

I agree with your suggestion regarding the list of commands available for Custom Ribbon and Shortcuts. My wish there too is for BC to have CAM commands available like Advanced Rough or 2 Axis Pocketing, etc, to put on a custom ribbon. It would be great to have all your most used Cad and Cam commands on one custom ribbon.

Also, for Simulation, I would like to be able to put a command like “Save Stock” on the Quick Access Toolbar.

Thanks for your input.

David.