Hide/Reduce holder+arbor during backplot

Hello,
is there an option to hide/reduce the holder and arbor during a backplot?

I’ve tried to use a dummy-holder and -arbor just 5mm in dimension and height. But it always shows me two big cylinders that limit my view to the essential.

Regards, Harald

I prefer the backplot without the holder usually. It should default that way. Also, I’ve requested that the toolpath only appear after the move. Sometimes you cant see your tool through the backplot, especially with small tools.

1 Like

If I try to remove the holder, the systems informs me this is not allowed. At least one holder is required.
I can remove the arbor, but it doesn’t help either. i was hoping to get holder and arbor displayed small enough with d=5mm/h=5mm so that they do not interfere with my view. unfortunately without success.

How to you get the system running without a holder?
Regards, Harald

I created a custom holder for this reason. Try it…

hmm… I thought, I did so:

No arbor so far and just a holder with d=5mm/h=5mm.
What I’m missing?
Regards, Harald

I believe you have to create a holder and an arbor? Then after you select your tool, select your holder. Been a while, but when I get a chance I will look.

Hi @GCSRT,
done. The trick was to assign the holder to the tool again.

but still a point for the wish list: an option to just make arbor and holder hidden/visible when backplotting. If arbor and holder are assigned, it is tedious to always have to trick with a dummy holder and reassignment.
Bye, Harald

1 Like

Now if I can get it to default to my custom holder, that would be nice…

This actually cries out for a feature request to make a holder and an arbor recognizable as standard. Come to think of it, this is actually best to do somehow in the ‘Current Settings’ - ‘Machine Parameter’. I will report both (show/hide and default) to the BC-support :wink:
Bye, Harald

1 Like

By default if your tool does not have a holder or arbor the system uses a default one. This is why when you remove any holder, you still see one in the simulation…etc

What I recommend is you make a holder that is very small so that when it’s attached that it does not disrupt your view of the tool and the toolpath.

The system is designed to work just like a real machine…you cannot put a tool in the spindle without some type of tool holder.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Wouldn’t it be more logical to show neither arbor and holder, if the tool doesn’t have one?

yes, this already works. But you always have to reassign holders/arbors if you want to switch between no view and real one.

Exactly. This is the reason why I suggest the wish to define the default arbor/holder in the machine parameter, where it best fits to define which arbor/holder the machine is using by default.

Bye, Harald

We will definitely put in a feature request to allow the defaults used to be user definable. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys I just created a feature request to add a check box above the Shaded, Transparent, and Wireframe tool display options of backplot, which would say “Hide Tool Holder + Arbor” or something which would accomplish what was brought up earlier in this post

2 Likes

Hi,

with V34 and BCR V2 the visibility for Holder, Arbor, Shaft and Flute can be controlled :slight_smile:

But it would be nice, if the system remember the last settings also when BC will be started again. I always have to uncheck not wanted parts again.

Bye, Harald

2 Likes