Introduction from Steve C. (Airnuts)

Hello, My name is Steve C. AKA Airnuts. I see I am not the only one on here so that may get interesting. I have been a Bob-Cad user since it was introduced in the days of DOS. I should clarify that statement. I have owned a CNC mill since then and now own 2 of them and originally purchased Bob-Cad and several upgrades including the first windows version which is when you lost me. The one mill has not run since then and the other one was on life support and being used in a manual mode most of the time. In anticipation of getting them both working again. I bought version 29 about 5 years back and boy is it entirely different . The life situation required I postpone my plans for a season or many. Over the last 7 months or so I have now just about completely finished the conversion to Masso on the one machine and the other one is also in the works.

To say I have had my hands full would be an understatement. Between the learning curves in Masso, my particular machines which in this case is a Shizooka and a Clearman Drill master NC which had both been converted to Fanuc CNC; and Bob Cad 29 and now plus the upgrading of the post processers to marry them all together and the apparent lack of brain power that comes with some age, well, lets just say I am learning how much I don’t know. Looking forward to being here and learning from others.
You can teach some old dogs new tricks, but, it takes a lot of repetition. Regards to all and thanks.
Steve

1 Like

Hi Steve! Welcome to the forum. Nice to see another Masso owner/user. Although my Masso is a desktop test unit right now. :frowning: I’m still using Mach3 on a couple of my machines for now…

Hello and Welcome Steve.

CNC Alchemist,
Thanks, Its good to be here, looking forward to it.
Regards,
Steve

Hey Tim,
Thanks for the welcome. I was hoping for a whole bunch of Masso Guys on this forum. I for the life of me can’t understand why anyone would want to hook of a PC to there machine… It’s hard enough to keep one running windows on the Desk top doing email. :smile:
There are only a few things the Masso doesn’t have that the Fanuc did have and in fact it seems like some of the features are actually more advanced than My old GN-6 series… Some they don’t have yet , they seem to be reasonably aggressive about adding. It is hard to just toss out the whole control and start over, but hey, everything in the system was over 37 years old. I am glad at this point I did it… So far no complaints, they have been good to work with. If I get up to speed on the Bob cad and figure out a post for it things will be great.
Regards,
Steve

Welcome to the forum Steve.

I hope it provides you with lots of help!

Thanks Paul, Its all in good time I suppose.
Regards,
Steve