Machining Order Dialog Page - Feature Requests

Hello All,

I have some feature requests that I think would be of great value in the Machining Order page in BobCad-Cam. Let me know what you guys think and comment / add as you see fit.

1. The ability to extend the page vertically (currently it is restricted to size) - at times when you have a lot of operations and it would be good to be able to see as most as possible. It would also help with moving operations.

2. Ability to pick multiple operations and move at once instead of just being able to pick one at a time.

3. When hovering / click the mouse over a feature in the feature column, the feature would highlight on the part, just like when you click on a feature on the cam menu. Saves going back out to the cam menu see what you are working on.

4. When hovering / click the mouse over an operation in the operation column, the toolpath would highlight on the part, just like when you click on an operation on the cam menu.

5. When hovering / click the mouse over a tool # in the Tool Number column, the description of the tool would pop up.

Thank you.
David.

3 Likes

That all sounds good to me. I also think it would be nice if Bobcad would try to pick your tap from the hole size instead of always picking a 1/4-20

1 Like

Another 2 for this feature request to consider,

1. To also have the Post , Post & Save As command on this dialog page.

2. To also have the Post / No Post function of operations on this page which would work together with the Post / No Post on the CAM Tree.

With the above functionality in the Machining Order page, it could be a one stop to check all before simulation or posting a program.

Thanks again.
David.

1 Like