Major GOALS DEMADED IN V37!

HAY THE TOOL SITUATION IS A JOKE!

I WANT A CAM SOFTWARE THAT WORKS FOR ME AND NOT SET ME UP FOR FALURE BUY POPULATING THE WRONG TOOL!!!

IF I HAVE A 30 TOOL MAGAZINE AND WANT 10 RADOM DEDACATED TOOLS TO PULL FROM FOR EVERY JOB.
AND I PROGRAM THE FIRST PART OF AN ANASEMBLY SETING UP 6 RANDOM TOOLS (DRILLS REAMERS ADDED TO THE MAGAZINE)
AND THEN EXPORT THE TOOL FILE (16 TOOLS) TO THE SECOND PART FILE IN THE ASEMBLY…
THE SOFTWARE NEEDS TO AUTO SELECT MY 10 STANDARD TOOLS PLUS THE 6 TOOLS ADDED AND THEN LET ME ADD 3 MORE TOOLS AND CHANGE THEIR AUTOMATIC NUMBERS TO WHAT EVER I WANT, AND NOT CREAT A SECOND TOOL!!!

AND THEN EXPORT THAT TOOL FILE (19 TOOLS) TO THE THIRD PART FILE TO HAVE MAYBE 2 TOOLS ADDED TO TOTAL 21 TOOLS AND KEEP ADDING FOR EACH PART.

ALL WHILE USING THE HOLE RECOGNITION WIZARD IN ALL PART SENARIOS.
AND NOT CREATING UNNEDED TOOLS BUT PULLING FROM THE STANDARD RESADENT TOOLS AND THE TOOLS THAT WERE ADDED; OR ADDED AND THEN AUTO PICKED, DURING EACH PART FILE,

PLEASE MAKE AN ONLINE DEMONSTRATION ON HOW V 37 DOSE THIS

I FEEL LIKE I SHOULDNT NEED TO TYPE THIS.

SINCRLY Richard E Schultz
AND I KNOW I CANT SPELL!

2 Likes

Doing some thread milling on parts, and coping and pasting from Job to Job in the same part file the system added the same tool but gave it another number. For copy the tool was T16 and after pasting it added the exact same tool and numbered it to T3. Frustrating and time wasting when you are trying to push thru work.

The Center Drill and Drill copy and pasted fine.

However, The copy and paste works fine from Operation to Operation in the same job.

Hope it gets fixed.

1 Like

I Agree best thing I know to do is copy your part into the file where you have your tools set up in then just rename it to the new job. Or safe job to Template

i never trust BobCAD to pick the correct tool…and it’s never let me down…

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, when copying and paste do you uncheck use automatic tool numbering? I have ran into this too but if I turn that checkbox it fixes it most of the time.

I have “Automatic Tool Numbering” Off.

In settings

Still get the copy and paste issues above.

1 Like

When I use the copy and paste I past the new drawing in.Not the program Try it keeps all your tools the way you have them setup.

when you are copying and pasting. Double click Mill tools. when that box comes up at the bottom is the checkbox checked for automatic tool numbering. I think when you are bringing in new features sometimes it gets checked on for whatever reason regardless of your default settings.