Milling Tool Holder/Arbor: Copy Option requested

Hi,

it’s very, very hard to create Holders and Arbors as there is no option to copy existing ones. Please introduce a copy function as it would enormous help to make new holders/arbors having same parts with different heights/dimensions.
image => image

Currently you have to redefine over and over again. Very, very annoying :frowning:
Regards, Harald

4 Likes

Being able to import a step file or even a DXF file for holders and arbors would be awesome too!

1 Like

I second this. Being able to create holders the same way as tools is long overdue.

I will submit a feature request for this, you want to be able to draw holders like you draw a tool? correct ? @The_mtbiking_viking

1 Like

@MillingGuy , I can submit a feature request for this.

1 Like

Yeah, a lot of times i can get a DXF or even a solid from the manufacturer so it would be a lot easier to select geometry as well as more accurate for simulation. I think one problem could be the difference between holders and arbors. The way I currently set it up is ill have one style arbor for a specific machine and then add different arbors in each holder category. I’m sure people do this differently but its what makes sense for us. But with a solid or dxf it will all be one holder so I could see this being potentially a pretty big redesign. regardless I appreciate you looking into this Jason.

2 Likes