Post Feature/Operation only

Hi,
often it is necessary to get the G-code for only one special feature or even only one single operation.
Currently this is just possible when all other features/operations are set to No-Post.

Wish:

• generate Post for selected feature/operation only
  • generate Post for selected feature/operation only (e.g. via highlighting multiple features/operation in the CAM Tree)
    Regards, Harald
3 Likes

Hello Harald,

I agree, being able to Post a selected feature / operation is very useful. Also, when you do a “Post Yes/No” to a job just so that you can post an operation you loose the machining order that was originally set up.

David.

right click on Milling job go to machine order and make it the way you want it .

1 Like

Eric: what’s the point of making suggestions/wishes for improvement if said disadvantages then remain? I think avocamfg2006 knows about the possibility of the setting you mentioned. And it is, among other things, not to have them set again and again, if once for individual operations a toolpath is to be created.
Bye, Harald

1 Like

What ? If you want to make suggestions/wishes you do that with BobCAD-CAM Support support@bobcad.com

?!

Yea. But I would still send it my self.

1 Like

I agree here. There should be a check box to post one operation. Too many mouse clicks.

1 Like

I will make sure one of the tech’s get this submitted to the Dev team as a feature request. @TheWeave

2 Likes

Hello,

Thanks again for the post. I have made a request for you to cover this topic. Our development team will take a look at it from here. If you have any further questions, just let us know.

1 Like

Hello,
This functionality has now been added to the latest versions of BobCAD V34, and the plugin for Rhino V2, and it will be released with the V10 plugin for SolidWorks.

Now you can right click on an individual item in the CAM tree and click Post to post that single item, without having to adjust the Post Yes/No settings for the other features. This works for individual operations, features or groups of features and even index/wrapping groups and machine setups.

The process of toggling post Yes/No has also been streamlined, as you can see below, a column has been added for the post yes/no and blank/unblank settings for each feature, so it is now just a single click to turn off a feature/operation/or group in the CAM tree.

6 Likes

Hi,
Post for single feature/operation is now possible. Well done :slight_smile:

Still open and hopeful get in future: possibility for multiselect (Strg + Click) features/operations that get highlighted and tasks like blank/unblank, Post, Compute, … do the work for the selected ones.

Regards, Harald

2 Likes