Problems opening DXF files

i believe i’ve raised this bug before…but with DXF files…why is there such a problem with opening up and importing DXFs…particularly scaled DXFs…they look nothing like the same DXFs that i open with other cad software(draftsight for example)…normally this would not be an issue but it’s getting to where i’m gunshy as to opening up any other DFXs other than the ones i may have created(i.e. customer DXFs are a huge problem)…i need to know what i’m opening is actually what i am supposed to see…here is one example…the first is a DXF that when opened with BOBCad v35(tho it’s been that way since i’m guessing way before v31) is wrong… and the second is a pic i printed out that was opened with Draftsight…the whiteout is just blocking out some engraving info we put on our prints

what’s the deal and has anyone else had this problem

Hi Bigman ,

I was hoping something got figured out by now with this but apparently not. We are still running V31 and we were thinking of updating to V35 but disappointed that this is still an issue. I had gotten a message from bobcad support and this is what was said below.

“”""Long story short after some review of the issue, the “problem” is that the scaling only happens at the dimension level itself. So only the values that are displayed in the dimension are what changes. The actual geometry is never scaled and will always be drawn to the length that the creator drew it… there is no information for us to actually scale the lines and arcs!

So I am thinking the best option we can provide is at least pop up a warning that says something like “This file has scaled dimensions inside, so the geometry may not be consistent with the expected drawing”

“Then we could ask do you want to see the scaled value or the actual value (Like I showed in the email, SolidWorks, Rhino, even Autodesk’s free internet viewer shows the dimensions the same size as BobCAD”"""