Selection Points for CAD Models

Hello All,

A feature request that I think is useful. When selecting point from wire frame geometry there are more points to select from, like midpoints and center points of arcs and circles. When it comes to model geometry the selection points are limited to end points. Having midpoints and center points available for selection would be useful for geometry Translate or Align.

Thank you,
David.

4 Likes

I agree with this. It takes more time to create geometry just to move your part around.

2 Likes

Hi,
this is the reason I love to work with BC4Rhino and BC. Former one is perfect for CAM, later one perfect for design :wink:
Bye, Harald

1 Like

Hi Harald,

Yes, definitely having a more powerful CAD system is ideal if you are drawing up parts from a print or doing your own designs. However, a lot what parts that job shops work on, the model is supplied by the client. Many times these models are pulled out of a model assembly and can be way off from origin. The new align feature in V33 makes it easier to align parts, but having those arc center points and midpoints for modeled geometry would be good.

Thanks,
David.

2 Likes

+1 on this…i too have found how hard it can be with customer prints and models especially…

2 Likes

Thank you for bringing this one up!

2 Likes

Would be nice to have arc center points of model geometry selectable.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but there is still no ability to select center point of circles / arcs for model geometry in V34. I see in the notes mid-points are selectable.

3 Likes