Setup configs, unblank default, endmill category request

Would absolutely love to see the ability to create “setup” entries like fusion has. Eg create “Setup -op1”, which stores a comment, post output location/name, and a selection dor which job setup or individual toolpaths to include.

Also, being able to hide toolpaths by default and view them simply by hover of feature and not having to expand the tiny button.

Lastly, i never put tools in both rough and finishing category because i use tools for both. This results in BC always selecting a default fake tool which is annoying. Any solution would be great.

They are simple things that would provide a large quality of life improvement if not already exist.

1 Like

Sounds like a good plane to me.
Did you send a ticket to Bobcad support?

1 Like

Hi,

I do also use some cutters twice for roughing and finish. If finish differs in feed rates and/or rpm, it’s quite good to have roughing and finish separated. Having the same cutter defined twice in the roughing (of finish) section or divided to both is sure a personal view. But I agree, it might get easier, if there is

1. a button that allows copying cutters (no dull typing anymore)
  2. there would be at least one comment field, where one can give closer information not to flood the Tool Label field.

Bye, Harald

1 Like