Strategy Menu in Mill Wizard needs improvement

Hi All,

Like most BobCad-Cam users, the ability to have multiple operations for a feature in the mill wizard is great and time saving. However, the strategies menu is always expanded. In some cases when working with 5 or more strategies for a feature you can unintentionally be editing the wrong operation. Currently you can manually collapse each strategy individually, but as soon as you add another strategy the menu becomes fully expanded again. This also occurs when you close and open the mill wizard.
I think there should be a way to collapse the entire menu all at once and secondly that it would remain in the state it was last left. I have mentioned this in the past thru Bobcad support web page.

Any thoughts on this ?

Thank you,
David.

1 Like

O YEA that would save me some time for sure

1 Like

Hi,

yes, agree:

• Collapse/Expand All :+1:
  • Closing wizard and having the last view again when opened would indeed be a huge help. :ok_hand:
    Highlighting the last selection in the Feature tree would make it unbeatable.

Bye, Harald

1 Like

@gmyers

Is this something we can implement in the new CAM Tree design?

We have addressed this one already in V34 as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome!
Thanks, Greg.

1 Like

Hi,

Can this be enhanced also?

Regards, Harald

2 Likes

I will add this as a Feature Request. There will need to be multiple things that need to be addressed to make this work.

• What happens when you have the last page on Equidistant > Parameters page but you open the feature wizard back up from a different Operation. Where should it go.
    (Answer: I would think it should go to the Tool Page of the Operation you selected)

• What if you open it back up from the Feature name itself.
    (Answer: It should go to the last page it was on.)

• If you hit “Cancel” or “x” instead of “Finish” or “Compute”, would you expect it to still save the last location? Or, only if you hit “Finish” or “Compute”
    (Answer: I would think in any case, but maybe a different user would expect something different to happen)

These types of things can be addressed, just need to include that kind of info in the feature request. I will add this to the request.

Hi,

It should go to the location it was last on that operation :wink:

yes, go to the last page it was on.

yes, remember last location.

Regards, Harald

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I have attached this discussion to the Feature Request.

1 Like