This Crash is because BobCad Failed Me!

Why would anyone want the software to reassign a random single tool when multiple tool paths were copied from one setup to another?

also, if the facing toolpath is copied the top of feature parameters changes back to default too.

what version…i know copy and paste has been garbage for sometime…it’s better for milling ops now but still garbage for drilling ops

2 Likes

V36

i need 20 characters to answer this

We all agree. But double check everything.

2 Likes

I consistently do, but I am not perfect.

BTW thanks for telling me something I didn’t know.

I’ve been a long time BC user and ran into this recently. Not only will BC change a random tool on you. I copied and pasted a setup from one file to anther and the depth of my face milling operation was reverted back to the default 0.500". I missed it and ate through not only my entire part but also into my work holding since I was only milling 1/2" stock. It’s very frustrating. Why cant the default be 0.0 to at least be safe. Of course, I missed it.

1 Like

Agree for sure, Simulator is your best friend.

on the machine side for sure…

1 Like

You know …the copy and paste function still sucks balls…when i copy an op from one program to another… i want that op the same…with the same freaking tools that i had…not whatever BobCAD decides to use…this has and will continue to cost us users money in scrapped parts and damage to machines and vises and the like until you guys decide to fix it…

3 Likes

Ya, I don’t know why anyone would want the software to change anything from a copy and paste. Also, I don’t get why there wasn’t any thought of that before the release and/or a fix in an update…

it’s like I am paying to be frustrated and wondering why.

3 Likes