Tool selection/tool creation

alright guys…not sure if this one has been posted or talked about,but…this is an older job that i had that imported to BobCAD…i have a tool i want to use that i have in 2 other sections of my tool library.but not in the section that i need apparently…it is a .500 90 degree drill/mill…

i have it in these 2 locations…but i need it here as i am planning to open wall pocket with it and then run a profile finish

how do i call it out when all i have to work with is corner radius

i also forgot to note that i am on the latest and “greatest?” V35…the jury is still out on this version…but i do like the new spring cut option…don’t know why that took so long but i’ll take any small gain…

1 Like

Hi Chris,

I hope V35 is what we are all expecting it to be.
I haven’t had a chance to download it yet.

Regarding your above issue, I think your option would be to create a custom tool for your Drill Mill. That way you can draw the cutting edges for the 90 degree point and for the diameter sides. You’ll have to give it the same tool # .

David.

YEAH…I’m an idiot…i figured it out…just wasn’t scrolling down far enough for the creation dialog…thanks guys… and Harvey tools is great in that they provide you with sim files to do just this…

2 Likes

Harvy Tools make it easy.

2 Likes