V31 problem - posting and simulation

We have v31 BobCAD/CAM and use it mostly for model interpretation and CAD work. I decided to try a fairly simple turning program in BobCad/Cam v31, and am not sure what the problem is. Toolpath looks okay (I think)* When I post, nothing happens, and when I try to simulate the program, I get an error message* saying that “The resource file was not set up”. Also, when I open our “Stock Material Library” there are no materials listed* in it - could this be the issue?

Sidenote: We have a conversational CAM package that most of our 2-axis lathe programming usually goes through. Just trying to figure out if we are missing files or if something else is wrong.

Resource Error

Hmm, With your material library showing blank it makes me think that the files from your install are some how corrupted. I recommend making a copy of your data folder for backup, then uninstalling the software, delete any leftover files from the data folder (NOT your backup copy), then reinstall the software.

If you have customized post processors with machine definitions, or custom tool libraries…etc you will need to copy them from your backed up copy of the data folder into the newly installed one.

Hope this helps

Alex