What are some cool parts you have made?

Here are some parts i made at home on my modest cnc mill at home using BobCAD-CAM but I know you have cooler parts than these. Let’s see them!!

8 Likes

I love using the CAD end of BobCAD because it is simple and straight forward. I personally have a 3d printer and designed this jewelry box in BobCAD. It took 1 month to create in BobCAD and 3 months to print out.

I gave this jewelry box to my now wife as a gift when proposing to her! She loved it of course…and said yes hahaha!

![Jewelry

8 Likes

I made billet fork sliders for a 1978 Ducati race bike. The blocks are bored and honed by another company then I zero in on the center of the hole and machine the exterior. Total time is about 24 hours per fork slider.

14 Likes

Tim, those are sweet man!

1 Like

Alex and MH are the ones responsible for me being able to use BC on my DMF. The posting dept makes the software great.

10 Likes

Those are awesome, man!

Alex, interesting finish on the knife, is that toolpath generated?

2 Likes

The knives have a acid etched and stonewashed finish on the blades…the handles are Carbon Fiber.

This part is machined from a billet of carbon fibre, approx dimensions are L 290mm x W 90mm x H 45mm .

5 Likes

This model aircraft wing is programmed in Bobcad 1.4million lines of code per surface.!

8 Likes

Model engine exhaust stub. The internal area has an undercut 3D tool path.

8 Likes

Hi Tim, It is very clear you are passionate about what you do, Very Nice parts.
David.

1 Like

Wow guys these parts look great and I now have great hope to be able to quickly produce parts once again. Here is my first part (2 sides) I made several years ago as a limited production part. It of course took a special set up jig and 3 flips to get it done.
Sone as I figure out how to download them to you.
Airnuts

Well, I have searched high and low and I can not seem to find the button to include a couple photos on this page. Can anyone enlighten me?
Regards,
Steve

Hello Steve,

You can upload pictures in a post or reply using the upload button shown here. Upload Button

Alex, Thanks. Here are the pics of this part I built several years ago… It is a little shop worn from being tossed around the shop for many years. I was quite proud of this piece and it was the first milling project I ever did.
Steve

2 Likes

Amazing projects! I am a little jealous! I haven’t even been at a CNC machining center for 7 years now and I do miss being able to Program and Machine parts of the like. All I have now is my personal Plasma Cutter. At a cost of $4100.00 for X48"xY33" with Height Control Z3". Mine aren’t as fancy but I will show a couple.

![877181|300x300]

4 Likes

Transom K-Boat

3 Likes

Cool, I can see why you have wings on it.
Steve