Work Offset Pattern should work better with outputting .STL

Hi guys,

I have a problem with this feature…So I have a pattern using G55, G56, and G57 and when I go into simulation and save the stock it outputs all 4 of the part stocks…how is this any good for work flow?

I am using it in a another mill job but might want to use it as rest machining or 3D machining that sill might be Patterned again…

Hi Richard,

I believe you can remove the 3 unwanted simulated parts from the simulation before saving the .stl of the part you wanted to keep.

In simulation go to View … Measure and then there is a drop down menu with some options for removing chips (parts). You can try that. For me I had to click down on the center wheel of my mouse over the part / chip I wanted to delete.

Hope that helps.
David.

Hi David,

So I played around with what you were suggesting, I couldn’t get it to work…I might not know how to work that feature as I have never used it…

Thanks

I kind of accidentally got it to work for me. I use a programmable mouse (Logitech M705), with which I can use the wheel as a click function, and it was it that I discovered how that function worked. But I can’t imagine that a feature like that would be dependent on a programmable mouse.

Hope you can get it work for you.

David.

So I have a surface Arc mouse, and I downloaded and installed a program to assign stuff to it …3 fingers is a center click now…if I click on the first stock model I can then save that one and reopen it as the only STL model…So it works

Thank you for the help avocamfg2006

To the Administrators of this forum reading this; how about a more noticeable option, what if I couldn’t program my mouse? how would a person do it? - maybe a pop up menu asking after you hit the save button if you wanted the extra stock parts. Really I cant imagine a scenario where you would even want the work offset pattern created stock outputted to STL…

If your mouse has a scroll wheel, did you try double clicking using the wheel when using the “Remove Chips(select chips)” option on the Measure Tab in simulation? As I recall, that is the default mouse setting to select the chip. And…you need to make sure your cursor is on the piece you want removed.

Put your cursor on the chip you want removed:
RemoveChips-1

Then double click using the scroll wheel:
RemoveChips-2

HTH

Alex

Another option would be in the Simulation Parameters of the Work Offset Dialog you could turn off Pattern Stock.

This way, when you simulate, you do not get more copies of the stock, so when you simulate you will only have the original stock, and when the machining is completed, you can then save out your stock STL and it will only be the stock of the original part.

Probably easy to overlook those Simulation parameters in the bottom left of the dialog, but they exist because some times customers might have all the stocks defined as their stock model in the job, some times they only have one stock and want to pattern them all. Just depends on the scenario!

O…I will try that next time…

Thanks!