Easier Way to Add Tools to a Feature

Hey Everyone,

A customer wanted a way to easily see and change all of the tools that are being used in the job.

An idea would be to open the tool crib where you could select a tool and hit a button called “Add to Operations” (picture attached) and a window would pop-up with every operation that the tool is being used in and all available operations that the tool could be used in. This way the user could easily call out each op that they want to use that tool.

I wanted to get feedback if anyone else would be interested in this feature?

2 Likes

I think it sound like something I would use. Will it also tell us if we uncheck that box for Use automatic tool numbering. If we have the same tool number used for more then one tool. And is that ok yes or no?

1 Like

Hey Eric, that is a separate feature request from this one. This one really is just a request to make a quicker way to add tools to multiple operations all in one go.

Hi,
yes, yes, yes. Something like this would be really, really helpful. It also would avoid the common problem not knowing, where the tool is overall used when trying to delete it.

Bye, Harald

2 Likes

That would be a great function and option to have. Save a lot of time and been able to see the operations in a pop-up would be help not missing an op you intended the tool for. Yes, a very good feature.

Also, in general it would be nice to be able to make edits to the tools in the tool crib instead of having to search for it in an operation to make a change, currently the only edit you can make is a tool number change on the Tool Number column.

Thanks, David.

2 Likes

Agree that could be nice feature, But I think your talking about the Tool list or the Assigned tools page.

Hi Eric,

That is correct. Currently unable to go into the tool parameters from the tool crib for a job.