Copy Milling Job and or Machine Setup

Hi,
I just wondered why it isn’t possible to simple Copy/Paste a whole Milling Job or within a Milling Job just Copy/Paste a Machine Setup.

Currently I just have the opportunity to save a Milling Job as a template and create a new job based using this saved template. This for me does the same as Copy/Paste a Milling Job with the overhead of saving, opening and afterwards deleting the template.

For a Machine Setup I didn’t find a solution, how to get the effect of copy/paste.

For testing purposes copy/paste would help a lot. So one starts to create a list of features for a job. To improve the process, just copy the existing Milling Job to a new one or just copy the Machine Setup within the existing Milling Job to a new one. If the improvement is successful, the improved parts goes back to former job/machine setup.

Understandable?
Bye, Harald

2 Likes

Hello Harald,

This is some good input. We appreciate that for sure. The tech’s are reviewing this and will get it submitted to our Dev team. If we have any questions we will reach out.

Thanks again!

Hi,
any news about this topic? V35/BC4RH_V3 still cannot copy/paste Milling Job or Machine Setup.
Bye, Harald

1 Like

Hay Alex…!!!

people are requesting features in the software, please, PLEASE, BOBCAD here these requests in the forum!

and if the tool path is copied and pasted why is the software assigning different tool numbers… if I have a left and a right part in the file… and I assigned a new mill job for the other part (because of the stock)…and I copy the tool path from one to the other… I want the same tool numbers.!!!

Thank you…

3 Likes